التعليم: دكتوراه التأهيل في الميكانيكا الحيوية، كندا 2003م
ماجستير العلاج الطبيعي في تأهيل الإصابات الرياضية، الولايات المتحدة 1995م
بكالوريوس العلاج الطبيعي، الرياض 1992م
v الفائز بجائزة افضل مؤلف سعودي في فئة التعليم لعام 2011/2012م (سلمت من قبل معالي وزير الثقافة والإعلام خلال افتتاح معرض الرياض للكتاب 2012م)
v العميد المشارك لكلية العلوم الطبية التطبيقية، جامعة الملك سعود بن عبدالعزيز للعلوم الصحية (ج م سعود الصحيه)، الرياض 8/ 2007 – 8/2012
v القائم بأعمال عميد كلية العلوم الطبية (أول عميد)، ج م س الصحية، 8/ 2007 حتى 6/2011م
v عضو مجالس الجامعة والعمداء والدراسات العليا، ج م سعود الصحية 8/2007 – 6 /2011م
v مالك مشارك، مشروع القراء العرب “رفي” ( http://raffy.ws)
v عضو مؤسس ومشرف موقع العلاج الطبيعي السعودي (www.saudipt.net) 2004- الأن
v كاتب بجريدة الجزيره السعودية، 2011 حتى الأن
v كاتب مجلة نبض الجامعه، 2008 حتى الأن
v مؤسس ورئيس جمعية العلاج الوظيفي السعودية 2012م
v رئيس مشارك، ورشة عمل سياسات الخدمات الصحية بدول الخليج، كامبردج، يوليو 2012م
v عضو فريق دراسة التعليم التقني والفني، قدمت بمنتدى الرياض الإقتصادي، 2011م
v صاحب فكرة ومنظم مؤتمر الكليات الصحية: التحديات والتوجهات. مارس 2011م
v حاصل على تكريم جمعية العلاج الطبيعي السعودية في احتفالها بمناسبة مرور عشر سنوات على تاسيسها، على جهودة في خدمة المهنة طيلة عقد من الزمان، 2012م
v كاتب بجريدة الرياض السعودية، 1996 – 2010م
v عضو اللجنة التحضيرية للحوار الوطني للعام ومعد صفحة حوار الصحة الأسبوعية، 008/2009م
v أستاذ مساعد وأخصائي علاج طبيعي، جامعة الملك فيصل بالدمام، 2003 –2007م
v مشارك في الحوار الوطني حول التعليم والمتوج بلقاء خادم الحرمين الشريفين، الجـوف 2006م
v مؤسـس ومدير إدارة التخطيط والتطوير بمدينة الملك فهد الطبية بالرياض، 2004- 2006م
v عضو ومقرر مجلس إدارة مدينة الملك فهد الطبية، 2005-2006م
v مؤسس ومنظم منتدى القيادات الصحية، مدينة الملك فهد الطبية، 2005-2006م
v معد نظام صندوق الموارد الذاتية لمدينة الملك فهد الطبية. اقره مجلس الوزراء عام 2007م
v مؤسس ومشرف برنامج الأطفال الصحي الصيفي بمدينة الملك فهد الطبية 2006م
v مؤلف كتب “اختراق البرج العاجي” (2011م) و “التعليم العالي في الميزان” ( 2006م)
v مؤلف كتب “المشهد الصحي السعودي” مع د حنان الأحمدي ( 2010م ) و”المشي في الصحة والمرض” مع أ صالح العريض (1996م)
v مؤسس و منظم الملتقى الخليجي للعلاج الطبيعي 2005م و 2007م
v مشارك في تأسيس جمعية رعاية مرضى السرطان بالمنطقة الشرقية، 2003م
v مقرر اللجنة التأسيسية ، كلية العلوم الطبية التطبيقية، جامعة الملك فيصل (الدمام) 1998 – 1999م
v محاضر/ مؤسس برنامج العلاج الطبيعي بكلية العلوم الطبية التطبيقية بالدمام 1998-1999م
v أخصائي وباحث علاج طبيعي، مستشفى الملك فيصل التخصصي ومركز الأبحاث 1992-1998م
v أخصائي المنتخبات السعودية بالاتحاد السعودي لرياضة المعوقين 1996-1997م
v مؤسس ورئيس لعدة فترات لمجموعة العلاج الطبيعي، قبل تحولها إلى جمعية ( 1992-1998م)
v مؤسس/ رئيس / عضو اللجان العلمية والتنظيمية للعديد من المؤتمرات، والندوات المتخصصة..
v مستشار غير متفرغ لدى العديد من الجهات العلمية والمهنية
v مشارك في العديد من اللقاءات والحوارات الإعلامية والثقافية، المرئية والمسموعة والمكتوبة
v مؤلف ومشارك في تأليف عدد من الأبحاث والدراسات في مجالي التأهيل والتعليم الصحي و العالي
السيرة الذاتية مفصلة باللغة الإنجليزية والتزكيات متوفرة حسب الطلب
حاصل على العديد من الجوائز والشهادات والدروع التقديرية
MOHAMMAD ABDULLAH ALKHAZIM
|DOB &Place||5/5/1966 Baljurshi- Saudi Arabia|
|Marital status||Married with 3 children|
|Address||P.O.Box 22490 ; MBC 3129Riyadh 11426, Saudi Arabia.|
Doctorate of Philosophy, Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada
September 1999 – August 2003
Major – Clinical Biomechanics
Dissertation Title: The Relationship Among Locomotor Performance Measures in Knee Osteoarthritis: The Effect of Group Exercise in Biomechanical Analysis, Pain and Disability Perception, Functional Outcome, and Energy Cost.
Master of Science, The University of Oklahoma-Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma, US
September 1993 – December, 1995.
Major: Physical Therapy – Sports Injuries Rehabilitation
Theses Title: Coactivation Patterns of Quadriceps and Hamstrings in Normal Knees and Knees with Reconstructed ACL during Squat Activity”.
Bachelor of Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, June, 1990
Major: Physical Therapy
· Faculty Member, Rehabilitation Department, College of Applied Medical Sciences (CAMS), King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences (KSAU-HS), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2007- present.
Associate Dean, Academic and Student Affairs, August 2007 –August 2012.
Acting Dean (founder), CAMS, August 2007 –June 2011.
Currently, CAMS has 4 Baccalaureate and 4 Post- Baccalaureate programs (Respiratory Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Emergency Services, Clinical Laboratory, Echocardiology, Cytotechnology, Molecular Biology, and Clinical Chemistry) and it plans to have another 4 programs within the next 3 years (Anesthesia, Radiology, Speech and Audiology, and Clinical Nutrition,)
Major duties/ achievements (as acting dean and associate dean)
- Supervise academic and administrative issues of the college
- Member of the University Council
- Member of the Deans’ Council
- Member of the University’s Postgraduate Council
- Chair of CAMS Curriculum Committee
- Chair of CAMS Faculty Development Committee
- Chair of CAMS Faculty Search Committee
- Member and Acting Chair of CAMS Council
- Chair of CAMS Student Clubs
- Prepare CAMS equipments and labs requirements in the University three campuses; Riyadh, Jeddah and Al-Ahsa
- Participate in discussing and reviewing all plans for current and future CAMS building specifications and requirements.
- Member of committee on preparing class requirements in the new university campuses
- Member of organizing committee for the university corner stone ceremony by King Abdullah
- Chairman of foundation committee for establishing Cardiovascular Post- Baccalaureate program
- Proposed several university initiatives such as Writing Center, University Prizes System, College of Health Professions Continuous Development, and others (some approved, and others are under discussion)
- Initiate membership and represent CAMS in the Association of Allied Health Schools, Washington DC, 2011- present.
- Member of the University recruitment delegation to Jordan
- Member of Student Admission Committees
- Member of Teaching Assistance Recruitment Committee
- Member, Commissioning Committee for new buildings of CAMS, Medicine and Nursing Colleges
- Member of other relevant academic and administrative committees/ teams
- Participate in teaching on both levels; Undergraduate and Postgraduate.
· Assistant Professor and Physical Therapist, College of Applied Medical Sciences (CAMS), King Faisal University (KFU) and King Fahad Hospital of the University), Dammam, Saudi Arabia, February 2004- August 2007.
Major duties/ achievements
- Appointed as Vice Dean for training (May 2007), but regretted the appointment due to the plan of moving to Riyadh City
- Teach research and practice physical therapy
- Initiated the process of establishing the college physical therapy clinic
- Coordinator of Physical Therapy clinical education courses
- Supervisor of the College Students’ Clubs
- Member of the College and University (Dammam branch) quality and accreditation committee
- Member of college staff development units
Teaching Topics: Biomechanics, Kinesiology, Therapeutic Exercises, Professional Issues, Selected/ Independent Topics, Clinical Education/ training
Research Topics: Higher Education, Health Professions Education, Accessibility, Group Exercises
Clinical Interest: Health and Wellness, Rehabilitation of Musculoskeletal Diseases and Injuries
· Director of Planning and Development (on sabbatical bases; contract between KFU and KFMC to lend services to KFMC for one year), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, January, 2005 – January, 2006. King Fahad Medical City (KFMC) launched by King Abdullah, who was crown Prince at that time, in 2006)
(King Faisal University refused to extend my sabbatical contract with KFMC)
Major Duties/ Achievements
- Member and Secretary; KFMC Directorates’ Board, January, 2005 – January 2006
- Member; Executive Council, KFMC, January 2005 – January 2006
- Member; Training and Scholarship Committee, KFMC, June 2005 – January 2006
- Founder and Organizer; KFMC Health Leaders Forum, 2005/2006
- Initiated the process of drafting KFMC strategic plan (submitted to CEO & Executive Council)
- Initiated volunteer program at KFMC
- Assist in follow up of the merging process of the four hospitals common departments to one medical city department (e.g. Nutrition, Pharmacy, Radiology Departments)
- Drafted the procedures for appointing/ selecting medical chairmen and directors
- Participated in developing KFMC policies and organizational structures
- Initiated / developed KFMC system for self-investment (Approved by Ministers Cabinet, 2007)
- Coordinated and reviewed manpower plans for different Departments at KFMC
- Assisted in preparing KFMC report to support budget negotiation with Ministry of Finance.
- Organized KFMC monthly general staff meetings
- Organized KFMC directors meeting
- Performed several follow-ups/ controlling duties
- Chaired the technical bid committee for KFMC uniforms
- Clinical Instructor; Physical Therapy Department, KFMC, January 2005 – January 2006
· Director of Planning, Developing and Controlling, King Fahad Medical City (KFMC), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, June1 – August30, 2004.
(Summer Locum job)
Major duties/ achievements
- Initiate the establishment of the Directorate of Planning, Development and Controlling (with 5
Departments: Quality Assurance, Planning and Information, Administrative Controlling, Financial
Controlling, and Inventory Controlling)
- Chaired the Committee for Establishing Electronic Document Management Center at KFMC
- Chaired the Committee for Restructuring Administrative Communication
- Initiated the process of writing Policies and Procedure for KFMC
- Member of Consultative Medical Board of KFMC
- Member of organizing committee for the inauguration of KFMC by King Abdullah (The Crown Prince at that time)
· Lecturer and Physical Therapist, CAMS and KFHU, King Faisal University, Dammam, May 1998- February 2004 (including 4 years PhD scholarship).
Major duties/ Achievements
- Coordinator, Foundation Committee, College of Applied Medical Sciences
- Director, Physical Therapy Department, King Fahad Hospital of the University
- Member, Curriculum Committee, College of Applied Medical Sciences
- Member, Career Day Organizing Committee, King Faisal University, 1999
- Initiated the process toward starting physiotherapy program (drafted the curriculum and proposed the needs for the new PT Department: staff, equipment, space, and etc.)
- Participated in supervising student graduation project “Planning and Drawing Rehabilitation Hospital Building” at the Architecture and Design College
- Reorganized the Physical Therapy Department at the Hospital; established new organizational work chart; writing policies and procedures for the Department and recruiting new staff
· Clinical Research Physical Therapist, King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center (KFSH&RC), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, January 1996 – March 1998.(Reason for leaving this job was changing my career path from pure clinician to an academician and researcher)
Major duties/ Achievements
- Outpatient Physical therapist
- Performed and coordinated research in Physical Therapy
– Participated in coordinating and presenting Departmental in-service and workshop programs
- Supervised the Departmental Library
– Acted as educational coordinator and outpatient supervisor during their leave periods
– Coordinated physical therapy patient education program at physical therapy
- Participated in developing and implementing PT Total Quality Improvement Program
- Member, KFSH&RC Patient Education Committee, August 1997-March 1998
- Participated in moving Physical Therapy Department into its new location
Staff Physical Therapist, KFSH&RC, Physical Therapy Department, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, November 1991- August 1993.
- Diagnosed and treated physical therapy patients at both inpatients and outpatients areas
· Internship Rotation : King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center, Riyadh; King Fahad National Guard Hospital, Riyadh; Wascana Rehab Center and Pasqua Hospital, Regina, Canada.October1, 1990-September 22, 91
· Summer Training, King Fahd Hospital, Al-Baha, Summers of 1990,1989 and 1988
· Temporary job (3 months), University Media and Public Relation, King Saud University, 1987
Summer Training, Al-Arabi National Bank, Baljurshi, 1982.
Consultant, Prince Nora University, Riyadh, October 2011 – present
- Reviewing curriculum of Physical Therapy and other academic related issues
Consultant, Dammam University, Dammam, May 2011 – October 2011
- Member of Scientific Advisory Committee for Establishing Master Program in Physical Therapy
Consultant (Part -Time Investigator), Nama Consultation and Studies Office, Riyadh, December 2010- July 2011.
- Member of team preparing study for Riyadh Economic Forum (Riyadh Commercial Chamber) entitled “Outcomes and Gaps of Vocational and Technical Education in Saudi Arabia”. Presented at the economical forum under the patronage of King Abdullah AlSaud, December 2011.
Consultant and Part-time Investigator, Prince Salman Center for Disability Research, Riyadh, April 2008- May 2009.
- Consultant for universal accessibility project (National Project)
- Member of Editorial for the Center Newsletter (first issue published in May 2009)
- Advisor in public relation and campaign issues
Member of Preparatory Committee, 8th National Dialogue, King Abdulaziz Center for National Dialogue. The dialogue topic was “Health Services: Dialogue between Society and Health Providers”. It was organized over one year period in 6 different Regions of Saudi Arabia. 2009- 2010. Concluded by meeting King Abdualla Al-Saud
Member of Scientific Committee, Responsible for the Health Specialties Section, First Saudi Conference for Higher Education Students, Ministry of Higher Education, Riyadh, 2010.
Advisor (Part-time) , Dar Al-aloom University (newly established private University), Riyadh, September 2008- December 2008)
- Advise the supervisor of the colleges in various strategic issues
Member of Steering Committee, Prince Salman Program “Education for Employment”, Prince Sultan University (PSU), 2009/2010
- Member of the foundation committee for Simmons’s/ PSU nursing program
Full-Time Consultant, King Saud ben Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences National Guard, Riyadh, 1st March 2006 – August 31, 2006
(Locum, Un-paid leave from KFU)
- Participated in preparing/ discussing several issues, such as programs and project of Applied Medical Sciences College, new university projects, pre-medical program, etc
- Participated in recruitment process for new demonstrators and lecturers
Consultant Representative to Riyadh Area, Arab Development Institute (ADI), Khobar, Saudi, April 1997-April 1998. ADI is a Private Health Training Center
OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Member of Scientific Committee and Sessions Chair, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Prosthetics and Orthotics, Speech Language Pathology Conference (POPS 2012), Riyadh, October 16-17, 2012.
Co-Chair Workshop “GCC Healthcare Policies”, Cambridge, July11-12, 2012
Initiated and organized workshop entitled “ Academic and Health Leadership”, KSAU-HS, Riyadh, May 2012
Initiated/chaired the Scientific Committee, First CAMS Career Day, May 5, 2012
Initiated and organized the first National brainstorming session toward establishing Physical Therapy Residency Programs in Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, October, 2011.
Initiated and Chaired the Scientific Committee for “Saudi Conference for Health Colleges”, KSAU-HS, Riyadh, March 2011
Founder of Saudi Occupational Therapy Association, 2012.
Chaired the first session of The First Saudi Occupational Therapy Conference, King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, Riyadh, May 2010
Scientific Judge of the Awards of 4th Pediatric Research Day, King Abdulaziz Medical City, March 9, 2010
10. Chairperson, Scientific Committee, 2nd Gulf PT Colloquium, Dammam, November, 2007
11. Organized and chaired the process of electing board members for Saudi Physical Therapy Association – Eastern Region Board, Dammam, March 27, 2007,
12. Founder and Supervisor, Saudipt.net. www.saudipt.net – one of the leading Physical Therapy website in Arab World, May 2004 – present.
Major achievements of Saudipt website:
- The only nominated Saudi Health website to the prize of World Submit for IT Creativity, 2011
- The first accredited Saudi website by Health-on-Net Foundation, 2006-present
- The second winner of Saudi Digital Award for health websites, 2008
- Media sponsoring of 7 symposium/ workshop/ conference in Physical Therapy
- Produced two health education calendars
- Established a prize for best Arabic Physical Therapy public article (2010)
- Saudipt.net was presented (at different occasions) in front of HE Director of King Faisal University, HE Director of Dammam University, HE Director of Medical Services of Ministry of Defense (Accompanied by his Guest HE Minister of Defense of Belgium), and the Dean of College of Applied Medical Sciences at King Faisal University
13. Member of Scientific Committee, King Fahd Medical City Patient Affairs Conference, November 2007.
14. Member, Branches and Research Committees, Saudi Physical Therapy Association (SPTA), July 2005 – July 2007.
Proposed the first specialized groups of SPTA in Riyadh Area, 2006
Proposed and prepared system for SPTA branches (approved by its Board), 2006
Scientific Organizer, Clinical Education Workshops (4 workshops), Riyadh and Dammam, November & December, 2006.
15. Founder and Supervisor of Children Health Cultural Summer Program, King Fahad Medical City, Summer 2006. The program (the first of its kind) was organized for 8 weeks and included medical screening, health education, recreational and cultural activities.
16. Member of Focus Discussion Group in Medical and Health Education (as part of drafting Saudi Higher Education Strategic Plan (AFAQ) for the Next 25 Years) King Saud University, Riyadh, August, 2006.
17. Member of Panel discussion on future of Saudi Higher Education, as part of Strategic Planning Project (AFAQ) , King AbdulAziz University, Jeddah, 18 March, 2006.
18. Member of Discussion Group for Private Higher Education in Saudi Arabia (as part of drafting Saudi Higher Education Strategic Plan (AFAG) for the next 25 years), Asem Arab Studies and Research Office, Riyadh, 12 March, 2006.
19. Reviewer, Saudi Annals Medicine, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2004/2005.
20. Member, Scientific Committee, International Physical Therapy Symposium, Organized by SPTA and Prince Sultan Humanitarian Society, held on Dec 2005.
21. Member, Physical Therapy Committee – Saudi Council for Allied Health Profession, Saudi Council for Health Profession, 2004-2005.
22. Founder Member, SPTA, Eastern Region Chapter (SPTA- EC) 2004.
23. Organizer, Gulf Physical Therapy Colloquium, May 11-12, 2005 (A joint effort between SPTA –EC and Prince Sultan Military College for Health Sciences).
24. Member of Foundation Team, Saudi Cancer Foundation (Participated in drafting its objectives). The Foundation was declared officially in July, 2003.
25. Member, American Association for Higher Education, 2000/2001.
26. Organized the first 2 Physiotherapy Workshops at King Faisal University, 1998.
27. Facilitated (by inviting the first meeting) the establishment of Eastern Province Physiotherapy Group, 1998.
28. Chaired the Saudi Physiotherapy Group (SPTG), January 1996 – May 1998. (SPTG was the first physical therapy professional organization in Saudi Arabia).
SPTG main achievements during 1996 – 1998:
- Organized 15 clinical meetings for physical therapists working in Riyadh area
- Organized 8 clinical workshops
- Organized a combined meeting with Riyadh Knee Group (orthopedic physicians)
- Organized 2 lectures for public
- Established educational coordinators/ supervisors sub-group committee
- Implemented an exchange training program among major hospitals in Riyadh
29. Medical Classifier and Team Therapist, Saudi Disabled Sports Federation, September 1996- July 1999.
Major covered events:
- National Tournament in Field and Track, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, April 1999.
- National Marathon, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, 8 April 1999.
- Second Arab Disabled Field and Track Games, Tunisia, 2-10 September, 1997
- Second Arabian Gulf Field and Track Tournament for Disabled, Riyadh, May, 1997
- First Table Tennis Gulf Tournament for disabled Athletes, Riyadh, December 1996
30. Member of Scientific Research & Studies Committee, Saudi Sports Medicine Association, Jan 1997- July 1999.
31. Member of the Gerontological Society of America, 1998-1999.
32. Founder and Representative of SPTG (formerly Riyadh Physical Therapy Group), 1992- 1993.
33. Trainee Therapist, NORCECA Volleyball Games- A Qualification Tournament for the 1992 Summer Olympics, Regina, Canada, August 25 – September 2, 1992
CULTURAL/ INTELLECTUAL CONTRIBUTIONS
Co-owner of RAFFY (http://raffy.ws). Raffy is an Arabic electronic publishing initiative, to be lunched officially during Riyadh book Fair, March 2012.
Columnist, Aljazirah Newspaper Columns title: “Opinion and Ideas” then “Spotlight”, January 2011 – Present). Major writing interest: Higher Education, Health Organization, General Education, Civil Societies, Cultural Issues and Others.
Columnist, Al-Riyadh Newspaper (Arabic): January 1999 – January 2011.
Columns title: “Opinion and Ideas” then “Spotlight”, Major writing interest: Higher Education, Health Organization, General Education, Civil Societies, Cultural Issues and Others.
Columnist & Contributor, Nabth Aljame’ah (KSAU-HS newsletter). 2009-present
Regular commentator/ interviewed guest of TV and radio programs. Appeared in Saudi Chanel 1 TV, Saudi Channel 2 TV, Saudi Sports TV channel, Saudi Ikhbaria TV, Saudi Althagafia TV, AlMajd TV, AlArabia TV, Future TV, Riyadh Arabic Radio, and Riyadh English Radio.
Interviewed or invited for contributions in several (beside the usual Spotlight column) newspapers and magazines: Alhyat Newspaper, Alwatan Newspaper, Aljazirah Newspaper, Alyoum Newspaper, Rotana Magazine, Alyammamah Magazine, Altagniah Magazine, Almultaga Magazine, Altagaoud Magzin, Alaosrah Magazine, and others
Editor of the weekly newspaper page “Hewar Al-seha”. Hewar Alseha discusses health issues such as health services and systems. Al-Riyadh newspaper in collaboration with King Abdulaziz National Center for Dialogue (KANCD), 2010
Member of Riyadh Media Forum, Riyadh, April 2008- present.
Member of panel mini-symposium “Medicine and Media” with chief editors of Alhyat and Aljazirah newspapers (It was attended by HE Minster of Information and HE CEO of King Abdulaziz Medical City), King Abdullah International Research Center, Riyadh, February 2, 2010
Member of National Intellectual Dialogue , King Abdulaziz Center for National Dialogue, Al-Jwaf, November 2006
Founder of KFMC Health Leader Forum. The Forum invited all Saudi Ministers of health (who are a live) and several leaders of health services in Saudi. Started on 2006 and still running by KFMC.
12. Member, Newsletter Committee, Kingston Cooperative Homes, Kingston, June 2000– August 2003.
Honorary Member, AlHijaz Sports and Cultural Club, Baljurashi, 1997 – 1999.
Columnist in Sports Section of Alriyadh newspaper, “Different Opinion” March 1996 – January 1999. Major writing interests: Sports Organization, Sports for Special and Minority Groups, Sports Medicine.
Editor, Medical Section, AlSharq Magazine, August 1998 –January 1999 (Alsharq is a weekly local Arabic Magazine)
Correspondent, Sand-Script Newsletter, KFSH&RC Newsletter, 1997-1998
Alkhazim, MA; Althubaitee, A. and Ismail, T: Continues Medical Education Trends in Saudi Arabia (grant from KAIMRC), In progress.
Alkhazim MA: Challenges and Suggested Solutions for Saudi Health System: Opinions of Experts. Proceeding of Gulf Research Center Meeting, Cambridge, July 2011
Alkhazim MA: National and Regional (Geo) Politics and their Impacts on Reforms in the Governance of Higher Education in Saudi Arabia. Under review by Higher Education Policy.
Alattas A; Aleisa E. and Alkhazim M: National Competences in Physical Therapy, Project for Saudi Physical Therapy Association, on progress.
Alkhazim MA & Althubaitee A: Prediction of Saudi COM Outcomes, in progress.
Alkhazim, M: Clinical Education in Physical Therapy, Manual Book. To be published December 2011.
Alkhazim MA: Physical Therapy Clinical Education Prospective, The New Egyptian Journal of Medicine, Volume 44; March, 2011.
Alkhazim MA: Arabic book about ideology and their influences in Saudi Higher Education, February 2011.“ إختراق البرج العاجي: قراءة التحولات الجيوسياسية والأيدلوجية وتأثيرها في بنى وسياسة التعليم العالي السعودي.
Alkhazim MA and Al-Ahmady H: (المشهد الصحي السعودي) Saudi Health Services Scenes (Arabic book), May 2010.
10. Alkhazim MA: Health Professions Education in Saudi Arabia: Challenges and Future Opportunities. Proceeding of Second Saudi Conference in Health Professions Education, Riyadh, February, 2009.
11. Alkhazim MA: Higher Education on the Scale ( التعليم العالي في الميزان), August, 2006.
12. Alghamdi (Alkhazim) MA; Olney S; Costigan P: Exercise Therapy for Knee OA Disability: Review Article. Annals of Saudi Medicine, September 2004.
13. Alkhazim MA; Higher Education in Saudi Arabia: Challenges, Solutions and Opportunities Missed. Higher Education Policy (2003) 16, 479-486.
14. Alghamdi (Alkhazim) MA: The Relationship Among Locomotor Performance Measures in Knee Osteoarthritis: The Effect of Group Exercise in Biomechanical Analysis, Pain and Disability Perception, Functional Outcome, and Energy Cost. Doctoral Dissertation, Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada, August, 2003.
15. Alkhazim MA and Al-Oraidh S: (المشي في الصحه والمرض) Walking in Health and Disease (Arabic book), Prince Salman Social Center. 1st edition, Nov, 1997
16. Hefzy MS, Alkhazim M, Harison L: “Coactivation of the Hamstrings and Quadriceps during the Lunge Exercise”. Published as full paper at the Rocky Mountain Bioengineering Proceeding Book, April 1997
17. Alghamdi (Alkhazim) MA.: Coactivation Patterns of Quadriceps and Hamstrings in Normal Knees and Knees with Reconstructed ACL during Squat Activity”. Master Thesis, The University of Oklahoma, 1995
MAJOR SCIENTFIC PRESENTATIONS
Alkhazim, MA: Developing Human Capital in Healthcare. 3rd World Healthcare Congress, Abu Dhabi, Dec 9-11, 2012-12-10.
Alkhazim, MA: Saudi Healthcare System: Challenges and Opportunities. King Abdulaziz Medical City Resident Day, Riyadh, Dec 4, 2012.
Alkhazim, MA: Dynamics of Saudi Higher Education: emphasis on health sciences education. King Saud ben Abdualziz University for Health Sciences, College of Medicine, Nov 12, 2012
Alkhazim, MA: Saudi Primary Healthcare: Fixing the Problem. CRA (Saudi Chapter) Meeting, Riyadh, September 2012
Alkhazim, MA; Althubaitee, A; and Ismail, T: Continues Medical Education in Saudi Arabia: Trends and Challenges. Poster presentation. CME Congress 2012, Toronto, 29-30 may 2012-10-03
Alkhazim MA: Challenges and Suggested Solutions for Saudi Health System: Opinions of Experts. Gulf Research Center Meeting, Cambridge, July 2011
Alkhazim MA and AlHarbi Othman: Educational Hospital In Saudi: Are there Different Models?. Saudi Conference for Health Sciences Colleges, March, Riyadh, March, 2011.
Alkhazim MA and Alanzy Abdullah: Transferring International Curriculum: Experiences of CAMS, KSAU-HS. Saudi Conference for Health Sciences Colleges, March, Riyadh, March, 2011.
Alkhazim MA: Cross-Border Curriculum Transfer: The Experiences Of A Saudi University With American And Australian Universities. Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions, USA, October 2010
10. Alkhazim MA: Ideological Trends and their Impacts on Saudi Higher Education. Seminar Series of Medical Master Program, King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, May 2010.
11. Alkhazim MA (Member of Panel Discussion): Higher Education for Girls in Saudi Arabia (Arabic). Taibah University, Madinah, January 2010.
12. Alkhazim, MA: Health Professions Education In Saudi Arabia: Challenges and Future Opportunities. 2nd Saudi Health Education Conference Military Hospital, Riyadh, February, 2009.
13. Alkhazim MA: Physical Therapy Clinical Education: Prospective of Clinicians. 2nd Saudi Health Education Conference, Military Hospital, Riyadh, February, 2009.
14. Alkhazim MA: Physical Therapy Clinical Education: Prospective of Clinicians. Conference of American Allied Health Association, Denver, October, 2008.
15. Alkhazim MA: Saudi Universities Current Situation and Future Opportunities. College of Sciences, King Saud University, November, 2006
16. Alkhazim, MA: Saudi Allied Health Education: Reducing Gaps.Conference of American Allied Health Association, Chicago; October 18-22, 2006.
17. Alkhazim MA: Clinical Documentation in Physical Therapy (one day workshop), SPTA, Tabouk, January 2007
18. Alkhazim MA: Clinical Documentation in Physical Therapy (one day workshop), Dammam, April 2006
19. Alkhazim MA: Clinical Documentation in Physical Therapy (one day workshop), SPTA, Riyadh, February 2006
20. Alkhazim MA: AlBwardi N, AlEisa Einas: Clinical Education Mini Symposium in Physical Therapy, SPTA and Securty Forces Hospital, Riyadh, 14 Feb 2006
21. Alkhazim MA (Member of Panel Discussion): Symposium of Administrative Strategy in Higher Education, King Khaled University, Abha, Saudi, 20th-22nd Dec, 2005
22. Chairperson of two Sessions: The International Physical Therapy Conference, Riyadh, 6th-8th December, 2005-12-18
23. Facilitator of Panel Discussion: Physical Therapy Profession: Local and International Perspectives). International Physical Therapy Conference, Riyadh, 6th-8th December, 2005-12-18
24. Frequent Presenter at Saudi Physical Therapy Association, Saudi Physiotherapy Group, and Local Hospitals in different physical therapy topics
25. Alghamdi (Alkhazim) MA; Olney Sandra, Costigan Patrick: Sit-to-Stand in Subjects with Knee Osteoarthritis. Canadian Biomechanics Society Conference, August 2004.
26. Alghamdi (Alkhazim) MA: The Benefit of Group Exercise in Treating Knee OA. 9th Research Colloquium in Rehabilitation, Montreal, Canada, May, 2003.
27. Alghamdi (Alkhazim) MA: Initiating Gait versus Standing Only from Seating Position: Pilot Study. 8th Rehab Research Colloquium, Montreal, April, 2001.
28. Alghamdi (Alkhazim) MA: Alteration of Quadriceps and Hamstring Coactivation Patterns Post ACL Reconstruction. Rehab Symposium, Queen’s Univ, June, 2000.
29. Alghamdi (Alkhazim) MA; Hefzy MS: Biomechanical Analysis of Lunge Exercise. (Poster) Rehab Research Symposium, Queen’s University, June 2000.
30. Alghamdi (Alkhazim) MA; Alattas A; Harrison L: Lunge Tests: Description & Reliability. (Poster) Rehab Research Symposium, Queen’s University, June 2000.
31. Alkhazim MA: “Alteration of Quadriceps and Hamstring Coactivation Patterns Post ACL Reconstruction”. XVI International Symposium on Biomechanics in Sports, July 21-25, 1998, University of Konstanz, Germany
32. Hefzy MS; Alkhazim MA; Harison L: “Coactivation of Hamstrings and Quadriceps During the Lunge Exercise”, Presented at the 34 Annual Rocky Mountain Bioengineering Symposium in Dayton, Ohio, USA; April 1998
33. Hefzy MS, Yang H, Eihab MA, Alkhazim M: “Effects of Knee Flexion Angle and Quadriceps Contraction on Hamstring Co-Contraction”. Winter Annual Meeting of the American Society of Mechanical Engineering, November, 1997
34. Alkhazim M; Anderson M; Thompson D: “Coactivation of Quadriceps and Hamstrings in Normal Knees and Knees with Reconstructed ACL”. 1st Gulf Medical Rehabilitation Congress, Kuwait, March, 1997
35. Alkhazim M; Hefzy MS; Harison L: “Biomechanical Consideration when Using the Lunge Exercise” Presented at the 1st Gulf Medical Rehabilitation Congress, Kuwait, March, 1997
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Have attended more than 100 workshops/ seminars/ conferences/events that covered wide range of topics, including Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, Education, Management, Administrations, Cultures, and etc., 1991-2011.
· King Abdulla International Research Center Grant for project entitled “Continues Medical Education in Saudi Arabia: Trends and Prospective, May 2011-September 2012.
AWARDS/ APPRECIATIONS/ SCHOLARSHIP
· Award of best Saudi author in the field of education (2011/2012). Delivered by the Saudi Minister of Culture and Information during the Opening Ceremony of Riyadh Books Fair, March, 2012
Award of Saudi Physical Therapy Association (A Decade of outstanding professional contribution to Saudi Physical Therapy Profession (Delivered during the Association 10th Anniversary) May 2011
· King Faisal University Scholarship for studying PhD in Canada, 1999-2003
· King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center Scholarship for Master of Sciences in USA, 1993-1995.
Numerous Appreciations/ Thank Letters/ Plaques/ Certificates for Achievements / Contributions/ Participations in Professional and Public Activities
SUMMARY OF COMPETENCIES:
Work, teach and research in physiotherapy and health professions education
Review and develop academic/ educational programs/ curriculums
Plan and implement patient/ community educational programs/ activities
Work in commissioning new academic/ health programs (planner/ developer)
Generate and develop new ideas (Idea Generator)
Develop and review organizational plans/ policies (Critical Thinker)
Work in leading organizational position (Communicator)
Develop health promotional campaigns and public relation initiatives
Develop and participate in community and volunteering agencies/ services
Participate in different intellectual and cultural debates/ events
Revised: December, 2012.
Short CV, Arabic CV, sample of works and recommendations are available upon request